- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This book provides all the information necessary to perform today's full range of image-guided interventional procedures for the alleviation of spine and back pain. Over 625 spectacular illustrations and imagescombined with careful, step-by-step instructions show precisely how to perform each technique and avoid complications. Coverage includes important techniques such as facet joint and sacroiliac joint injections, vertebroplasty, discography, and intradiscal electrothermal therapy (IDET).
• Each chapter addresses a specific procedure, consistently covering pertinent anatomy · patient selection criteria · contraindications · equipment · medications · step-by-step procedural instructions · potential complications · post-procedure care · and follow-up guidelines
• All chapters conclude with informative case studies, relevant CPT® codes, references, and commentaries by an expert neurosurgeon.
• Hundreds of superb, full-color anatomical photographsplus razor-sharp radiographs and MR and CT imagesreproduce exactly what readers will see when performing each procedure.
• A full chapter examines the contrast agents, anesthetics, and steroids used during spinal procedures.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Foreword by Michael S. Huckman, MD
1. Basic Needle Manipulation Techniques
2. Facet Joint Injection and Medial Branch Block
3. Facet Denervation
4. Selective Nerve Root Procedures
5. Epidural Injections
6. Sacroiliac Joint Injection
7. Percutaneous Spine Biopsy
10. IDET™ IntraDiscal ElectroThermal Therapy
11. Medications Used During Spine Procedures