Implementing Analytics demystifies the concept, technology and application of analytics and breaks its implementation down to repeatable and manageable steps, making it possible for widespread adoption across all functions of an organization. Implementing Analytics simplifies and helps democratize a very specialized discipline to foster business efficiency and innovation without investing in multi-million dollar technology and manpower. A technology agnostic methodology that breaks down complex tasks like model design and tuning and emphasizes business decisions rather than the technology behind analytics.
- Simplifies the understanding of analytics from a technical and functional perspective and shows a wide array of problems that can be tackled using existing technology
- Provides a detailed step by step approach to identify opportunities, extract requirements, design variables and build and test models. It further explains the business decision strategies to use analytics models and provides an overview for governance and tuning
- Helps formalize analytics projects from staffing, technology and implementation perspectives
- Emphasizes machine learning and data mining over statistics and shows how the role of a Data Scientist can be broken down and still deliver the value by building a robust development process
|Series:||Morgan Kaufmann Series on Business Intelligence Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Nauman Sheikh is a veteran of the data architecture profession who has built dozens of large scale operational and analytical systems over the last 18 years. He has worked in three continents solving business challenges in consumer credit, risk, fraud and direct marketing areas dealing with a variety of cultural, technological and legal challenges surrounding data and its use. He is a hands-on practitioner with skills ranging from analytical reporting to data mining models to analytics driven business decisions and their audit and control frameworks.
Table of Contents
2. What is Analytics?
3. Analytics Project Lifecycle
4. Analytics Project Business Case
5. Analytics Project Architecture
6. Analytics Project Team
7. Analytics Project Development Methodology
8. Existing Technology
9. Specialized Databases
10. Statistical Tools
11. Scoring and Rating Engine
12. Strategy Design Tool