The companion volume to Showtime's award-winning, smash-hit show Weeds goes behind the scenes of the wealthy private community of Agrestic, California, home to the unconventional PTA mom Nancy Botwin, who does the only thing a recent widow with two sons and few job skills can do: She becomes the "suburban baroness of bud."
Based on the show's explosive first and second seasons, In the Weeds is as irreverent and entertaining as the show itself, and gets down in the dirt with Nancy as she grows her illicit pot-dealing business and tends to the weedy problems that crop up around her. In the Weeds also digs into the world of PTA president and city councilperson Celia Hodes, who attempts to put down the roots for her Agrestic legacy, while trying to disentangle herself from the unwieldy domestic and social dramas of her own making.
SURE TO BOWL OVER EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T PARTAKE,
THE BOOK ALSO INCLUDES:
- In-depth interviews with the entire cast, the show's creator, the writing staff, and the crew
- Hundreds of photographs
- Instructions on how to create a fake grow house
- A glossary of Weeds "bon(g) mots"
- The official Weeds cookbook
- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the pilot, "You Can't Miss the Bear"
- Heylia James's and Conrad Shepard's wit and wisdom on all things worth cultivating
- And everything else fans want to know about this smart, wickedly funny, thoroughly addictive show