Containing almost 250 entries written by scholars from around the world, this two-volume resource provides current, accurate, and useful information on the politics, economics, society, and cultures of India since 1947.
• 240 A–Z entries on the social, political, cultural, and economic development of India since 1947
• Contributions from more than 100 distinguished international scholars from five continents
• A chronology of major domestic, regional, and world events in and involving India from 1947 to 2010
• A "Guide to Related Topics" to allow readers to trace main themes across related entries
• An extensive Selected Bibliography containing multicultural and multidisciplinary materials and scholarship on the growth and development of the Republic of India from 1947 to the present
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 10.30(h) x 2.60(d)|
About the Author
Arnold P. Kaminsky, PhD, is professor of history at California State University, Long Beach, CA, and former chair of the Department of Asian and Asian American Studies.
Roger D. Long, PhD, is professor of history at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI.