Now in its fourth edition and with a new title – Injection Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine – this successful step-by-step guide is a trusted resource used by a wide range of practitioners who have to deal with the management of painful joints and soft tissues, particularly in relation to sports and overuse injuries.
Area by area, guidance is given for each lesion on appropriate patient selection and delivery of the drug. Every technique has its own two-page spread containing a written description along with an anatomical illustration of the region and a photograph showing the anatomical landmarks for the injection.
This new edition is now accompanied by a Trainer available via www.injectiontechniquesonline.com. Please see log on for further details on how to access the virtual training guide - introduced by Stephanie Saunders herself - which covers the top most common injection techniques for each of the body regions. Through key text, videos, animations and interactive self-assessment, users are tested on their knowledge of anatomical landmarks, differential diagnoses, assessment criteria, drug selection and technical skill. Further access is given to a library of over 50 video clips showing supplementary injection techniques which clearly demonstrate the correct anatomical position for each needle insertion.
- Illustrations, references, lesions, drugs, controversies!
- Chapters on Other Injectable Substances; Landmark and Image Guided Injections
- Latest evidence in injection therapy literature
- Adapted and simplified practical sections
- Access to Musculoskeletal Injection Techniques Trainer – a virtual aid to test your anatomical and technical skills on the top most common injections for the upper and lower limbs and spine – perfect for self-testing and honing your skills!
- Log on to www.injectiontechniquesonline.com to begin
- The Trainer also gives unlimited access to a bank of over 50 video clips demonstrating actual needle insertion for each lesion
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||20 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|