It is now recognized that innovation in healthcare needs to be a primary strategy for dealing with the challenges of pressure from consumers and the effort to control costs.This practical guide describes key issues surrounding innovation, such as the barriers to innovation in healthcare, the opportunities of working across boundaries in open innovation, and the process and tools of exploring the innovation approach.
The highly-regarded author follows a five-stage process model that presents a systematic base for understanding, and more importantly performing innovation work:
1. Defining the innovation design challenge
2. The process and tools of exploring the innovation
3. Generating innovative ideas
4. Prototyping and testing innovations
5. Creating a diffusion plan
This user-friendly guide is ideal for all healthcare professionals and healthcare teams, both in training and in practice.