Surprisingly concise, visually compelling, the Inside Series is extremely useful throughout the semester to help you identify the essential components of the law and how they fit together.
- Comprehensive coverage of the essential topics emphasizes what you need to know and why.
- Clear, straightforward, informal writing explains every topic for you without over-simplifying the concepts.
- Overviews and Tables of Contents in each chapter act as a roadmap to guide you through topics, showing you why each matters and how it fits into the larger framework of the law.
- FAQs clarify points of law and help you avoid common mistakes and misconceptions.
- Sidebars enrich the text with fascinating detail from legal history, policy, famous cases and more.
- Bolded key terms, Connections and summaries reinforce your understanding and give you ample opportunity for self-review.
- The overall graphical design of the series supports your visual learning.
Table of Contents
Ch. 1. Introduction: Putting Contracts into Context
Part I. Identifying Enforceable Promises (Formation and Defenses)
Ch. 2. Assent & Definiteness
Ch. 3. Consideration and Other Reasons to Enforce Promises
Ch. 4. Defenses Based on Undermined Assent
Ch. 5. Defenses Based on Policy
Part II. Performance and Breach
Ch. 6. Performance: Identifying a Contract’s Requirements
Ch. 7. Breach, its Operation and Excuse
Ch. 8. Third Party Rights
Part III. Remedies
Ch. 9. Monetary Relief
Ch. 10. Injunctions and Specific Relief