Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Inside Macintosh: Networking covers the following topics in detail:
- The components and organization of AppleTalk
- how to select and AppleTalk protocol
- application interface to all AppleTalk protocols, including Name-Binding Protocol (NBP), Datagram Delivery Protocol (DDP), AppleTalk Transaction Protocol (ATP), Zone Information Protocol (ZIP), AppleTalk Session Protocol (ASP), AppleTalk Filing Protocol (AFP), and AppleTalk Data Stream Protocol (ADSP)
- the Link Access Protocol (LAP) Manager
- the .ENET driver and Ethernet protocol handlers
Because all AppleTalk protocols are implemented as device drivers, to use this book you should be familiar with the Device Manger, which is described in Inside Macintosh: Devices. If you want to design your own protocol to work with the AppleTalk protocols or if you want to implement an AppleTalk protocol on a non-Macintosh platform, you should also consult Inside AppleTalk.