Build custom SharePoint 2010 solutions with deep architectural insights from the experts.
Get a detailed look inside SharePoint 2010—and master the intricacies of developing intranets, extranets, and Web-based applications. Guided by an author team with in-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture, you'll gain task-oriented guidance and extensive code samples to help you build robust business solutions.
Discover how to:
- Master fundamental development techniques for SharePoint Foundation
- Deploy your SharePoint application as a sandboxed solution for more stable and security-enhanced code
- Create page templates, master pages, Web Parts, custom controls, and event handlers
- Develop custom field types, site columns, content types, and list definitions
- Query SharePoint lists with the LINQ-to-SharePoint provider
- Customize the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) capabilities in SharePoint 2010
- Configure and extend Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Enterprise Search
About the Author
Ted Pattison is an author, instructor and co-founder of Critical Path Training (www.CriticalPathTraining.com), a company dedicated to education on SharePoint technologies. For the last five years, Ted has worked with Microsoft's Developer Platform Evangelism group researching and authoring SharePoint training materials for early adopters. Ted started working with SharePoint 2010 in August of 2008, and since that time, has led a series of training classes in which he has already taught hundreds of professional developers how to get started building custom business solutions using the SharePoint 2010 platform.
David Mann is a SharePoint Server MVP and an independent Developer, Software Architect, Author and Trainer, focusing on Microsoft's Information Worker and Collaboration stack. He is based outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has been working with portal, collaboration, and content management technologies for over 13 years; designing and delivering solutions for Fortune 500 companies, small family-run businesses, and everything in between - with a focus on making end user's lives easier and improving the organization's bottom line. Dave is the author of the book "Workflow in the 2007 Microsoft Office System" and founder of the Philadelphia Office Geeks User Group, focused on developer and administrator topics covering SharePoint and the entire Office System.
Table of Contents