Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This updated paperback edition of Inside the House of Money lifts the veil on the typically opaque world of hedge funds offering a rare glimpse at how today's highest paid money managers approach their craft. Now with new commentary, author, Steve Drobny takes you even further into the hedge fund industry. He demystifies how these star traders make billions for their well-heeled investors, revealing their theories, strategies and approaches to markets. Whereas some still maintain that rationality permeates financial markets, Drobny captures a different dimension, showing how the unquantifiable human forces of emotion and intuition are also at play. Along the way, readers get an inside look at firsthand trading experiences through some of the major world financial crises of the last few decades including tragedies such as September 11th. Whether Russian bonds, Pakistani stocks, Southeast Asian currencies or stakes in African brewing companies, no market or instrument is out of bounds for these elite global macro hedge fund managers. Highly accessible and filled with in-depth expert opinion, Inside the House of Money is a must-read for financial professionals and anyone else interested in understanding how greed, fear, and the human forces of emotion drive world markets.
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Steven Drobny is the founder of Drobny Global Asset Management, a full-service asset management, investment advisory, and consulting firm focused on global macro and commodity hedge fund strategies. He is also the author of the critically acclaimed The Invisible Hands: Top Hedge Funds on Bubbles, Crashes and Rethinking Real Money (Wiley) and Inside the House of Money: Top Hedge Fund Traders on Profiting in the Global Markets (Wiley). Please visit www.drobnycapital.com for more information on Mr. Drobny and his books.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Niall Ferguson.
Preface to the Previous Edition.
1. Introduction to Global Macro Hedge Funds: Joseph G. Nicholas (HFR Group).
2. The History of Global Macro Hedge Funds.
3. The Future of Global Macro Hedge Funds.
4. The Family Offi ce Manager: Jim Leitner (Falcon Management).
5. The Prop Trader: Christian Siva-Jothy (SemperMacro).
6. The Researcher: Dr. Andres Drobny (Drobny Global Advisors).
7. The Treasurer: Dr. John Porter (Barclays Capital).
8. The Central Banker: Dr. Sushil Wadhwani (Wadhwani Asset Management).
9. The Dot-Commer: Peter Thiel (Clarium Capital).
10. The Floor Trader: Yra Harris (Praxis Trading).
11. The Pioneer: Jim Rogers.
12. The Commodity Specialist: Dwight Anderson (Ospraie Management).
13. The Stock Operator: Scott Bessent (Bessent Capital).
14. The Emerging Market Specialist: Marko Dimitrijevic´ (Everest Capital).
15. The Fixed Income Specialists: David Gorton and Rob Standing (London Diversifi ed Fund Management).
16. The Currency Specialist: Anonymous.
Appendix A: The Crash of ’08 (Dr. Lee R. Thomas III).
Appendix B: Who Controls Liquidity? (Dr. Lee R. Thomas III).
Appendix C: Why Global Macro Is the Way to Go (Dr. Lee R. Thomas III).
Appendix D: A Note to Investors about Global Macro.