Dig into Windows Communication Foundation internals—and uncover the power of service-oriented design. This practical guide delivers in-depth insights and plenty of code samples to help you master the intricacies of developing and implementing connected applications.
Discover how to:
- Use service-oriented concepts to build a reliable messaging infrastructure
- Build support for ever-evolving messaging transports, protocols, and functionality
- Develop and listen on multiple endpoints
- Add messaging functionality with message exchange patterns, topologies, and choreographies
- Serialize, deserialize, encode, and decode Message objects
- Generate industry-standard documents with service, data, and message contracts
- Build stacks of channel factory and listener objects with binding types
- Develop channel layer constructs and manage them over their lifetime
- Create custom channels with the Windows Communication Foundation API
PLUS—Get Microsoft Visual C# code samples on the Web
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 8.98(h) x 0.92(d)|
About the Author
Justin Smith is an expert on building distributed applications and a developer evangelist at Microsoft. He is a former trainer and consultant at Wintellect where he helped develop the Windows Communication Foundation course for professional developers. Justin regularly speaks at industry and user-group events, including DevWeek and MSDN Code Camp.