Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Colombia has finally shed its former reputation and is now fulfilling its potential as one of the world's most interesting and unique travel destinations. Safer than ever, Colombia is home to whitewashed colonial towns, a staggeringly large amount of bio-diversity, parts of the Amazon Rainforest and Andes Mountains, idyllic beaches on both its Caribbean and Pacific coasts, and lively, modern cities. Be inspired to visit this wonderful country by this brand new title, a comprehensive full-colour guide to this fascinating and dramatically beautiful country.
Inside Insight Guide Colombia :
• A brand new title by our expert Colombia author, Chris Wallace.
• Stunning, specially commissioned new photography that brings this breath-taking country and its people to life.
• Highlights of the country's top attractions, including the cultural hotpot of Bogota, the palm-fringed beaches on the Caribbean coast, and the stunning colonial old town in Cartagena, in our Best of Colombia.
• Descriptive region-by-region accounts cover the whole country from the rainforest in the deep south, to the idyllic beaches in the north and everything in-between.
• Detailed, high-quality maps throughout will help you get around and travel tips give you all the essential information for planning a memorable trip, including our independent selection of the best hotels and restaurants.
About the Author
Insight Guides wherever possible uses local experts who provide insider know-how and share their love and knowledge of the destination.