This is the ultimate collection of ready-to-use code and expert techniques. Instant Perl Modules shows you,step-by-step,how to create your own Perl modules to extend the capabilities of this already flexible scripting language. Plus,you'll get more than 100 ready-to-run Perl modules on the bonus CD-ROM.
The Ultimate Collection of Ready-to-Use Code and Expert Techniques Start scripting with Perl modules and you'll instantly understand why it is one of the dominant languages for Web programmers. Instant Perl Modules will show you short-cuts to help you maximize this already fast-coding language. This helpful guidebookorganized by typeaddresses modules that perform a broad range of functions,from creating online Web chats and surveys to connecting to databases and creating GUIs.
All told,there are more than 100 modules covered,each available in ready-to-use coded format on the companion CD,plus step-by-step instructions for creating your own modules. Whether you're new to Perl or an avid user,this book will help you write code faster and extend Perl's programming capabilities.
Use Perl modules to:
- Fetch and parse XML,HTML,and more
- Format text,handle graphics,and develop for the Web
- Send and receive e-mail more efficiently
- Utilize databases via Perl's DBI interface
- Convert dates and times
- Build Web site utilities including searching and ad management
In this book,learn to:
- Master short-cuts for this easy-to-learn,fast-coding language
- Locate and learn exactly the modules you need
- Develop simple to sophisticated programs with these flexible tools
- Write CGI applications
- Understand Win32modules
- Utilize Internet protocols
ON THE VALUE-PACKED CD:
- More than 100 ready-to-use coded modules
- All source code used throughout the book