Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Register for MyEducationLab today at www.myeducationlab.com.
MyEducationLab is an online solution that provides highly relevant assignments and resources designed to connect your textbook to real teaching situations. It is fully integrated with your textbook; wherever you see the MyEducationLab logo in the margins or elsewhere in the text, follow the simple instructions to access videos, strategies, cases, and artifacts associated with assignments, activities, and learning units on MyEducationLab.
MyEducationLab provides you with opportunities to study and thoroughly understand your course content and also to practice the skills needed to become a successful classroom teacher:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
- Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
- – Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
- – The study plan links to text excerpts, activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
- Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
- Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
- Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
- Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
- Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
“ I was immediately drawn to MyEducationLab because it was so easy to use.” — Stephanie Hurley, Student
“My favorite part of MyEducationLab is that it helps me become a teacher.” — Rebecca Sullivan, Student
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
To order this book WITHOUT MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
PART I: PLANNING FOR INSTRUCTION
1. Educational Standards
2. Organizing Content
3. Instructional Objectives, Assessment, and Instruction
PART II: MATCHING OBJECTIVES TO INSTRUCTION: A MODELS APPROACH
4. The Direct Instruction Model: Teaching Skills, Facts, and Knowledge
5. The Concept Attainment Model: Defining Concepts Inductively
6. The Concept Development Model: Analyzing the Relationships between Parts of a Concept
7. Problem-Centered Inquiry Models: Teaching Problem Solving through Discovery and Questioning
8. Synectics: Developing Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
9. The Cause and Effect Model: Influencing Events by Analyzing Causality
10. Socratic Seminar: Analyzing Text
11. The Vocabulary Acquisition Model: Learning the Spellings and Meanings of Words
12. The Integrative Model: Generalizing from Data
13. Cooperative Learning Models: Improving Student Learning Using Small Groups
PART THREE PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER: MATCHING OBJECTIVES TO INSTRUCTIONAL MODELS
14. A Kindergarten Case Study
15. A Middle School Case Study
16. A High School Case Study
17. The Wisdom of Practice: Creating a Positive Learning Environment