Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This new fifth edition of Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching, by M.D. Roblyer and Aaron H. Doering, builds upon the success of the unique aspects and approach of previous editions. Beginning with Chapter 2, every chapter reinforces the authors' five-step Technology Integration Planning Model (TIP Model) through a series of features and activities:
- Technology Integration Examples and Making the Case boxes introduce teachers to the model.
- Technology Integration Lessons and Adapting for Special Needs boxes help teachers plan for effective technology integration.
- End-of-chapter Technology Integration Workshops provide hands-on practice with technology tools, developmentally appropriate classroom-based scenarios (The TIP Model in Action), and MyEducationLab website activities that help teachers visualize and apply what they have learned.
The only book on the market to offer specific content area chapters, the fifth edition introduces the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework in Chapter 2 and incorporates it within these content-specific chapters to encourage teachers to reflect on the three domains to develop the knowledge and skills to overcome roadblocks to integration.
New to This Edition
- The new ISTE National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S) and Teachers (NETS-T) and Essential Conditions are discussed in Chapters 1—3 and correlated throughout the text.
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework appears in Chapter 2 and is discussed in every chapter in Part IV.
- Heavily revised Chapter 8 provides a greater focus on distance education by exploring what it means to be an online teacher and how to prepare for teaching online, and draws a comparison with face-to-face teaching.
- Web 2.0 technologies and strategies are discussed and incorporated into every chapter.
- Revised & Updated! Technology Integration Lesson Planning features in every chapter are correlated with the new NETS-S.
- MyEducationLab annotations in every chapter integrate web-based assignable activities and resources with chapter content including video-based assignments, classroom artifacts, sample lesson plans, rubrics and checklists, tutorials, and web activities. To provide the MyEducationLab Student Access Code with the text for your students please use ISBN 0-13-610137-2 when placing your book order.
Table of ContentsPart 1: Introduction and Background on Integrating Technology in Education
1 — Educational Technology in Context: The Big Picture
2 — Foundations of Effective Technology Integration Models: Theory and Practice
Part 2: Integrating Software Tutors and Tools into Teaching and Learning
3 — Teaching with Instructional Software
4 — Teaching with the Basic Software Tools: Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Database Programs
5 — Teaching with Software Tools: Beyond the Basic Programs
6 — Teaching with Multimedia and Hypermedia Tools
Part 3: Linking to Learn: Principles and Strategies
7 — Introducing the Internet and Other Distance Learning Tools
8 — Integrating the Internet into the Curriculum
Part 4: Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum
9 — Technology in English and Language Arts Instruction
10 — Technology in English Language Learning and Foreign Language Instruction
11 — Technology in Mathematics and Science Instruction
12 — Technology in Social Studies Instruction
13 — Technology in Music and Art Instruction
14 — Technology in Physical Education and Health Education
15 — Technology in Special Education