A complete, thorough, and pragmatic guide to clinical assessment, this authoritative book meets a key need for both students and practitioners. T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, Gary Groth-Marnat, and their associates describe how to construct a "moving picture" of each patient by integrating data from a variety of sources. Included are detailed, systematic reviews of widely used instruments together with strategies for selecting the best methods for particular referral questions. Readers learn to conduct integrated assessments that take the complexities of the individual personality into account, serve as the basis for developing an effective treatment plan, and facilitate meaningful reporting and client feedback.
|Publisher:||Guilford Publications, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Third Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
T. Mark Harwood, PhD, is the former Director of Clinical Training and Core Faculty in Wheaton College’s Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology. He has had extensive experience as a clinician, investigator, faculty member, and administrator, and has published widely in professional journals and textbooks, with a primary focus on psychotherapy outcome research. He is currently in private practice in St. Charles, Illinois.
Larry E. Beutler, PhD, is the William McInnes Distinguished Professor and former Chair of the PhD Programs at Palo Alto University’s Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. He is also Consulting Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Beutler is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society and is the author of 23 books and over 400 scholarly papers and chapters.
Gary Groth-Marnat, PhD, ABPP, ABAP, is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute and a psychologist in private practice in Santa Barbara, California. He is the author of 150 chapters/journal articles and four books. Dr. Groth-Marnat is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 12), Fellow of the Society for Personality Assessment, Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, Diplomate of the American Board of Assessment Psychology, and recipient of numerous awards.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality, Larry E. Beutler, Rita Rosner, Gary Groth-Marnat, T. Mark Harwood, and Hui-Qi Tong
2. Approaching the Patient: Referral Contexts, Test Selection, and Clinical Judgment, Gary Groth-Marnat, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Lisa Joseph
3. Identifying Treatment-Relevant Assessment: Systematic Treatment Selection/InnerLife, T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, Oliver B. Williams, and R. Scott Stegman
4. The Integrative Clinical Interview, Paulo Machado, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, David Mohr, and Samarea Lenore
5. Integrating Intelligence and Personality, Elizabeth J. Austin, Gregory J. Boyle, Gary Groth-Marnat, Gerald Matthews, Donald H. Saklofske, Vicki L. Schwean, and Moshe Zeidner
6. The MMPI-2, James N. Butcher, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Kathy Blau
7. The Personality Assessment Inventory, Leslie C. Morey, Sara E. Lowmaster, T. Mark Harwood, and Daniel Pratt
8. The Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-III, Paul D. Retzlaff, Thomas Dunn, and T. Mark Harwood
9. The NEO Inventories, Robert R. McCrae, T. Mark Harwood, and Sarah L. Kelly
10. The Rorschach and Performance-Based Assessment, Radhika Krishnamurthy, Robert P. Archer, and Gary Groth-Marnat
11. Integrative Personality Assessment in Special Settings, Gary Groth-Marnat, Ronald A. Stolberg, Bruce Bongar, and Keith Burke
12. Integrative Personality Assessment with Older Adults and Ethnic Minorities, Martha R. Crowther, Audrey L. Austin, Forrest Scogin, T. Mark Harwood, and Sean Harrell
13. Applying Assessment Information: Decision Making, Patient Feedback, and Consultation, Richard W. Levak, R. Sean Hogan, Larry E. Beutler, and Xiaoxia Song
14. The Integrated Psychological Report, Steven Kvaal, James Choca, Gary Groth-Marnat, and Ari Davis
Appendix A. Test Scores for D. K. by Chapter
Appendix B. Test Publishers/Distributors
Appendix C. Systematic Treatment Selection Analysis
Students and practitioners in clinical psychology; also of interest to psychiatrists, social workers, and other evaluators in clinical and forensic settings. Serves as a core text in advanced undergraduate- and graduate-level courses such as Clinical Assessment, Personality, and Psychological Testing.