As a field, men's health is far behind women's health in terms of the availability of reliable, scientifically based information that men, their partners, and health care providers can rely on when seeking information and treatment. Moreover, integrative approaches are becoming more popular with men whose healthcare providers understand that most of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in men, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, urologic disease, and sexual dysfunction, can be ameliorated using an integrative approach, with more emphasis on the patient-provider relationship, lifestyle change, and the use of proven complementary modalities. Integrative Men's Health provides an evidence-based perspective on the health problems that affect men and the ways in which such problems may be prevented or treated utilizing a broad armamentarium of approaches - from conventional tools to complementary modalities. All chapters take into consideration of all the factors that influence men's health including body, mind, and spirit in a way that neither rejects alternative approaches nor accepts any of them uncritically.
About the Author
Myles D. Spar, Medical Director and Director of the Mens Clinic, Akasha Center for Integrative Medicine.
George E. Munoz, Chief Medical Officer, The Oasis Institute Integrative Medicine And Disease Prevention Clinic, Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Arthritis: Osteoporosis Research and Treatment Center, Inc.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Integrative Health and Medicine for Men
2. Nutritional Therapies for Men's Health
3. Dietary Supplements and Men's Health
4. Mind-Body Medicine and Men's Health
6. Physical Activity and Men's Health
7. Traditional Chinese Medicine
8. Ayurveda and Men's Health
9. Homeopathy for Men's Health
10. Men's Integrative Cardiology
12. Men's Sexual Function and Sexual Health
13. Testosterone Deficiency and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
14. Bone Health
15. Gastrointestinal Disease in Men
16. Integrative Treatment of Common Cancers in Men
17. Dermatologic Conditions
18. Healthy Aging
19. Environmental Toxins and Men's Health
20. Future of Men's Health
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
As a Functional Medicine practitioner, I found this book very helpful. It has well researched discussions of nutrition, exercise, and supplement recommendations for various types of health conditions that are more common or exclusive in men. Dr. Spar did a great job writing several chapters and editing it.
I have been a patient of Dr. Munoz's for 20 years now, he has treated both my wife and I. I was so excited when I was able to get this book on pre launch I could not stop reading it. This book is truly a man's bible to good health and thank Dr. Munoz for continuing to educate and train in areas where other doctor's refuse. You have changed my life and many around you. Robert K