Interactions: Exploring the Functions of the HumanBody/Energy Acquisition and Use - The Digestive System and Metabolism 2.0 / Edition 2 available in Multimedia
- Pub. Date:
* Animations Key physiological processes are brought to life. The CD contains a number of animations that help students comprehend key processes that change over time. The animations in Foundations are focused on cellular and molecular processes.
• Anatomy Reviews - Illustrations, histology, and cadaver photographs linked to function. These reviews aid student understanding of the processes and the anatomical features that are important in these processes.
• Interactive Exercises Relate to the animations and actively reinforce knowledge that has previously been studied. These exercises help reinforce critical thinking and problem solving skills. These exercises also present the students with a useful tool for gauging their understanding of the important concepts.
• Clinical Correlations - Provide relevancy to concepts and content. Not found in other software programs this extremely helpful to those students who are going on to study for a profession in allied health. This helps the students relate to the concepts they are studying.
• Concept Maps and Links - Promotes critical thinking - link content to the big picture. Not found in other programs, this helps students develop key problem solving skills
• Flexible Navigation - Dynamic tools allowing quick access to content the way you want it. The program is designed to let the user access the exact content when they need it.
• A number of Functionality tools including Presentation Values and Tools, a Notebook Feature and links to course websites, Blackboard or WebCT .
• Quality, Consistent, Solid Content - Written by instructors who have decades of experience teaching Anatomy and Physiology. These authors continue to teach and are familiar with the needs of today's students.
• Authoritative and Innovative Art Program - illustrated by medical illustrators and not just graphic artists. This is reflected in the high attention to detail and the intricacies found at the cellular and molecular level.
• Pentium 166 or higher
• 32MB RAM v4x speed CD-ROM drive
• 800x600 screen resolution, hi-color mode
• Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT
• Windows compatible sound card
• Internet Explorer v5.0 or Netscape Navigator V4.7 or higher versions.
• PowerPC G3 233 MHz
• 64 MB RAM
• 4x speed CD-ROM drive
• 800 x 600 resolution 256 colours
• Mac OS 8.1 and above
• Internet Explorer v5.0 or Netscape Navigator V4.7 or higher versions
|Product dimensions:||7.99(w) x 8.86(h) x 0.18(d)|
Table of Contents
The Digestive System
• The Digestive System: Overview
• Digestive System Histology
• Mechanical Digestion in the Gastrointestinal Tract
• Introduction to Chemical Digestion
• Carbohydrate Digestion and Absorption
• Protein Digestion and Absorption
• Lipid Digestion and Absorption
• Nucleic Acid Digestion and Absorption
• Hormonal Control of Digestive Activities
• Digestive Enzyme Activity
• Concentrate on Digestion
• Paint the Gastrointestinal Tract
• Role of Digestive Chemicals
• Digestive Reaction Race
• Match the Movement
• Nutrient Absorption Routes
• Digestive Hormone Activities
Concepts and Connections
• Digestive Hormones
• The Role of Nutrients
• Introduction to Metabolism
• Carbohydrate Metabolism
• Protein Metabolism
• Lipid Metabolism
• Regulation of Metabolism
• Metabolic Rate, Heat, and Thermoregulation
• Predict ATP Production
• Glucose Catabolism Sequence
• Glucose Catabolism Substrates and Products
• Alternative Metabolic Pathways
Concepts and Connections
• Hormonal Control of Metabolic Activities
• Nutrient Utilization Pathways
• Glucose Catabolism
• Glucose Catabolism and Systems
Disruptions to Homeostasis
• The Case of the Burning Abdomen
• The Case of the Woman with Bloody Stools