- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This practical, pocket-sized reference provides guidance on the core clinical information essential for rotating through an internal medical clerkship. Divided into three sections, the text outlines the practical skills and procedures needed on rotation, organizes clinical discussions by presentations (symptom, sign, or abnormal lab value), and presents discussions of problems organized by specific diagnosis.
• Covers the common problems and disorders a student is likely to encounter.
• Organizes material according to the types of questions students will be asked on rounds.
• Uses special boxes throughout text to present Key Points to remember.
• Lists learning objectives at start of each chapter.
• Includes "Practice Cases" to depict actual demonstrations of clinical problems.
• Tests the readers' mastery of the material and prepares them for clinical exams with a multiple choice exam at end of book.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Clerkship Guides Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.08(w) x 8.20(h) x 1.02(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Secrets to Being a Successful Medical Student
2. Day-To-Day Inpatient Skills
3. Day-Today Outpatient Skills
4. Communicating with Patients
5. Ethics in Medicine
6. Practical Skills for the Medical Student
7. Abdominal Pain
9. Chest Pain
12. Dizziness and Syncope
16. Gastrointestinal Bleeding
18. Healthy Patients
19. Joint and Muscular Pain
20. Low Back Pain
21. Lower Extremity Pain, Swelling, and Ulcers
23. Sleep Disorders
29. Hematology and Oncology
30. Infectious Disease
36. Substance Abuse
37. Women's Health