Since 9/11, terrorism has been at the forefront of global politics and international relations. This new edition has been thoroughly updated and provides a comprehensive compilation of international law documents relating to terrorism.
Covering the main instruments passed by the United Nations, regional organizations and the State practice of the US and the UK on the issue of combating terrorism in one handy volume, it covers the most recent instruments in the field of combating terrorism, such as:
- the International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism
- the Financial Action Task Force Revised Forty Recommendations on Money Laundering
- the Special Recommendations on Money Laundering
- the Special Recommendations on Terrorist Financing.
The collection is introduced by the authors with an explanation of the salient issues relating to terrorism and proposals on how it can be combated.
International Law Documents Relating to Terrorism provides, in a single text, all the basic documents in international law relating to terrorism, paying particular attention to the Lockerbie bombing case and the developments since 9/11.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 2.40(d)|
About the Author
Dr Omer Y Elagab, D Phil (Oxon) Advocate, Reader-in-Law, Director of the L.L.M. in International Law Course, City University, London and Jeehaan O Y Elagab, LLB Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Law, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands.
Table of Contents
1. Action by the UN Security Council 2. Counter-terrorism Committee 3. Action by the UN General Assembly 4. Resolution Adopted by the UN Economic and Social Council 5. Resolution on the Commission of Human Rights 6. Resolution of the Commission on the Status of Women 7. Resolution of the Sub-commission of the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights 8. UN Conventions on Terrorism 9. Action by Regional Organizations Outside Europe 10. Action by the Council of Europe 11. Action by the European Union 12. Action by Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe 13. Action by the United States 14. Action by the United Kingdom 15. G8 Statements on Counter-terrorism 16. Measures Adopted by Financial Action Task Force 17. The Lockerbie Bombing Case