Introducing Human Resource Management / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education, Limited
"An excellent introduction to the subject - I have not found a comparable
text at this level."
Ron Fisher, Manchester Metropolitan University
"Up to date and pitched at exactly the right level ... clear, interesting, well structured and easy to follow."
Norma D'Annunzio-Green, Napier University
Introducing Human Resource Management presents all the core HRM topics in a clear and lively style, exploring the latest developments in areas such as employment law and strategic HR as well as current applications of HR practice in the workplace.
Including a wide range of activities, exercises, case studies and real life examples, this book really involves the reader, helping you gain a good understanding of the theory and of how it applies in practice.
This edition includes:
- A thorough update on equality legislation,
- A new ¿What next?¿ feature to point you in the right direction if you want to deepen your knowledge of a topic,
- ¿Did you know¿ and ¿Pause for thought¿ boxes to get you thinking,
- Review and self-check questions (with answers) to test your understanding,
- A wealth of extra activities, quizzes and multiple choice tests online to help you to check your knowledge and revise
This book is ideal for a first course in human resource or personnel management at undergraduate or professional level, including courses that lead to a CIPD qualification.
Margaret Foot and Caroline Hook have extensive work experience in the field of HRM. They are both Senior Lecturers in Human Resource Managementat Huddersfield University Business School and are founding members of the CIPD Huddersfield Geographical Group.
Table of Contents
- Introducing HRM
- Human Resource Strategy and Planning
- Selection: shortlisting and interviews
- Selection: supplementing the interview
- The Employment Relationship
- Introduction to the Learning Process
- Learning and Development Programmes
- Performance Appraisal and Performance Management
- Payment Systems
- Managing Employee Welfare
- Health and Safety
- Partnership, Employee Involvement and High Performance Working
- Discipline and Grievance
- Dismissal, Redundancy and Outplacement