Introducing the Old Testament / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Oxford University Press, USA
About the Author
Reverend Richard Coggins is now retired, and was formerly Senior Lecturer in Old Testament Studies at King's College London
Table of Contents
1. What is the Old Testament?
2. What does it mean?
3. Did it all happen?
4. What does archaeology contribute?
5. What kind of society was Israel?
6. What is it to be human?
7. The Old Testament as liberation?
8. Can the Bible speak to women?
9. What kind of literature?
10. What kind of religion?
11. Is a theology possible?
Index of Passages Cited