This solid, yet value-priced paperback gives you the background and confidence you'll need to succeed in chemistry. Stoker focuses on the most important topics—omitting organic and biochemistry chapters—and teaches the problem-solving skills students in this course need. Each topic is developed at “ground level,” and continues step by step until the level of sophistication required for a further chemistry course is attained.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Numbers from Measurements.
3. Unit Systems and Dimensional Analysis.
4. Basic Concepts about Matter.
5. Atoms, Molecules, Formulas, and Subatomic Particles.
6. Electronic Structures and Chemical Periodicity.
7. Chemical Bonds.
8. Chemical Nomenclature.
9. Chemical Calculations: The Mole Concept and Chemical Formulas.
10. Chemical Calculations Involving Chemical Equations.
11. States of Matter.
12. Gas Laws.
14. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
15. Oxidation and Reduction.
16. Reaction Rates and Chemical Equilibrium.
17. Nuclear Chemistry.
Appendix A. Mathematical Review.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.