Introduction to Environmental Technology / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
This one of a series of handbooks is specifically designed to meet the Partners for Environmental Technology Education (PETE) curriculum guidelines now established for the introductory course in the Environmental Hazardous Materials Technology (EHMT) Associates Degree Program. Volume I—the seriesÕ introduction to Environmental Hazardous Materials Technology—is a compilation of recent, relevant studies written by professionals in their respective fields. It covers all of the essentials of environmental technology in an easy-to-understand style and format, providing a solid foundation in this exciting discipline.
Table of Contents
1. Environmental Regulations Overview, Neal K. Ostler.
2. The Chemistry of Fire and Hazardous Materials, Frank L. Fire, Americhem.
3. Human Effects of Hazardous Materials, David L. Eaton.
4. Regulations Governing the Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Wastes, David B. Goodman.
5. Contingency Planning and Emergency Response, Steve Hermann.
6. Hazardous Materials and Waste Management in the Home, Thomas J. Butts.
7. Pollution and Solutions: Air, Water, and Land, William N. Christie.
8. The Biogeochemical Cycle, Eldon Enger.
9. Global Environment Issues, Iver W. Duedall, Chih-Shin Shieh, and Mark I. Duedall.
10. Ionizing Radiation and the Environmental Worker, Thomas E. Byrne.
11. Career Perspectives in Environmental Technology, David J. Warner.