Introduction to Housing / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
With individual chapters written by housing experts who have specialization within the field, this book is designed to be a collection of chapters/readings about various aspects of housingan authorship approach that provides more credibility for each individual chapter than if one author had written the whole book. It also gives the book content that goes beyond rudimentary basics, and provides commentary on physical, social, psychological, economic, and policy issues.
The book provides background about housing and addresses specific issues that may be critical to future housing decisions. Chapter topics cover the history of housing in America, influences on housing choice and behaviors, home environments and health, the housing industry, federal government and housing policies, interior space planning, housing affordability, and housing challenges for the 21st century. MARKET: For realtors, mortgage lending professionals, appraisers, housing counselors, demographers, home builders, interior designers, home remodelers.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. A Short History of Housing in America, John L. Merrill.
2. Influences on Housing Choice and Behaviors, Julia O. Beamish, Rosemary Carucci Goss and JoAnn Emmel.
3. Home Environments and Health, Kathleen R. Parrott, Jorge H. Atiles, and Michael P. Vogel.
4. The Housing Industry, Andrew T. Carswell and Anne L. Sweaney.
5. Housing and Community, Loraine L. Tyler, Nancy C. Higgitt, and Carla C. Earhart.
6. Federal Government and Housing Policies, Carol B. Roskey and Mary Sue Green.
7. Interior Space Planning, Jean A. Memken and Starr Gobtop.
8. Universal Design in Housing, Sandra C. Hartje, Kenneth R. Tremblay, Jr., and Craig Birdsong.
9. Housing Affordability, Christine C. Cook, Carmen D. Steggell, Andrea Suarez, and Becky L. Yust.
10. Homeownerhsip, Sue R. Crull, Marilyn J. Bruin, and Thessalenuere Hinnant-Bernard.
11. Sustainable Buildings and Communities, Leona K. Hawks, Kerry F. Case, and Jane R. Reagor.
12. House Challenges for the 21st Century, Andrew T. Carswell, John L. Merrill, Anne L. Sweaney, Kenneth R. Tremblay, Jr., Loraine L. Tyler, and Sue R. Crull.