Introduction to Human Nutrition / Edition 1 available in Paperback
In this second edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Introduction to Human Nutrition has been revised and updated to meet the needs of the contemporary student. Introduction to Human Nutrition is an essential purchase for students of nutrition and dietetics, and also for those students who major in other subjects that have a nutrition component, such as food science, medicine, pharmacy and nursing. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, health sciences and many related areas will also find much of great value within its covers.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Human Nutrition: A Global Perspective on Food and Nutrition.
H. H. Vorster
2. Body Composition.
3. Energy Metabolism.
A. Astrup and A. Tremblay
4. Nutrition and Metabolism of Proteins and Amino Acids.
N. K. Fukagawa and Y. M. Yu
5. Digestion and Metabolism of Carbohydrates.
J. Mathers and T. Wolever
6. Nutrition and Metabolism of Lipids.
S. C. Cunnane and B. A. Griffin
7. Dietary Reference Standards.
K. M. Younger
8. The Vitamins.
D. A. Bender
9. Minerals and Trace Elements.
J. J. Strain and K. D. Cashman
10. Measuring Food Intake.
U. E. MacIntyre
11. Food Composition.
J. M. Holden and H. C. Schönfeldt
12. Food and Nutrition -Policy and Regulatory Issues.
M. J. Gibney and A. McKevitt
13. Nutrition Research Methodology.
J. A. Martínez and M. A. Martínez González
14. Food Safety: A Public Health Issue of Growing Importance.
A. Reilly, C. Tlustos, J. O’Connor and L. O’Connor
15. Food and Nutrition-Related Diseases: The Global Challenge.
H. H .Vorster and M. J. Gibney