Introduction to Sectional Anatomy / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Featuring all the latest imaging modalities—including ultrasound, MR, and PET/CT—this Second Edition text provides a solid understanding of sectional anatomy and its applications in clinical imaging. By interpreting and comparing images of different patients, you learn to distinguish normal anatomic variations from variations that indicate disease or injury.
Introduction to Sectional Anatomy, Second Edition begins with a chapter that defines key terminology and concepts. The remaining chapters are dedicated to individual body regions. Each one begins with an overview to help you understand the chapter's sectional images. You learn to interpret a series of patient CT and MR images shown in sequence through multiple planes. Next, clinical cases centered on CT, MR, ultrasound, and PET/CT images demonstrate how to apply your knowledge of sectional anatomy for patient exams.
Features That Help You Master Sectional Anatomy—
- New layout and design make it easier to compare images from several patients.
- New clinical cases show you how knowledge of sectional anatomy is applied in practice.
- Chapter objectives set forth the skills and knowledge you'll have upon successful completion of the chapter.
- Clinical application questions at the end of each chapter test your ability to apply your sectional anatomy knowledge.
Gain a solid foundation for sectional anatomy imaging with this up-to-date and thoroughly comprehensive resource. And set your sight on success from the very start.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Chest
Chapter 3: Abdomen
Chapter 4: Male and Female Pelvis
Chapter 5: Head
Chapter 6: Neck
Chapter 7: Spine
Chapter 8: Joints
Appendix A: Answers to Clinical Application Questions
Appendix B: Glossary
Appendix C: Bibliography