MyEducationLab with Pearson eText Student Access Code Card to accompany Introduction to Teaching, 4th Edition.
Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional, the best-selling, case-based text for beginning education students, provides a look at the real world of students, teachers, classrooms, and schools. Engage your students through authentic case studies that provide a framework for chapter discussions and relate chapter topics to the real world of teaching. The fourth edition offers a strong focus on standards, assessment, and diversity while keeping its well-known coverage of professionalism and decision making.
The fourth edition helps students to examine their beliefs, make decisions, and:
Develop as a Professional Educator:
- This I Believe– Students are encouraged to assess their beliefs about critical issues.
- Taking a Stand in an Era of Reform – Students learn about current reform issues and develop a stance through assignments available on this text’s online resource – MyEducationLab.
- Decision-Making: Defining Yourself as a Professional – Students consider how to handle a teaching situation and reflect on its implications for their development as a professional educator.
Understand and Celebrate Today’s Diverse Classrooms:
- Three Chapters on Diversity:
- Chapter 3 Changes in American Society: Their Influences on Today’s Students
- Chapter 4 Student Diversity: Culture, Language, and Gender
- NEW! Chapter 5Student Diversity: Development, Ability, and Exceptionalities
- EXPANDED! Teaching in Urban Environments – Students are introduced to the challenges and rewards of teaching in an urban setting.
- Exploring Diversity– This feature promotes student reflection on important diversity issues and how those issues affect classrooms, and is accompanied by MyEducationLab assignments.
Understand and Learn About Current Issues in Education Today:
- NEW!Chapter 14 Assessment, Standards, and Accountability
- NEW! Integrated discussion of technology in every chapter– Students can now view technology as a piece of the instructional and learning process rather than a separate entity.
- NEW! Coverage of current topics: President Obama’s plan for education, 21st century skills, merit/performance pay, cyber bullying, middle school grade dilemma, urban mayoral takeovers, technology access issues, and more!
MyEducationLab: Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order MyEducationLab with Pearson eText Student Access Code Card to accompany Introduction to Teaching, 4th Edition use ISBN 0-13-247700-9.
To order the print version of Introduction to Teaching, 4th Edition Edition + MyEducationLab Access please use ISBN 0-13-1381270X.
To order the print version of Introduction to Teaching, 4th Edition Edition only use ISBN 0-13-.701232-2.