Now in its 6th edition, Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography, by Drs. John Pellerito and Joseph Polak, provides an easily accessible, concise overview of arterial and venous ultrasound. A new co-editor and new contributors have updated this classic with cutting-edge diagnostic procedures as well as new chapters on evaluating organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and more. High-quality images, videos, and online access make this an ideal introduction to this complex and rapidly evolving technique.
• Find information quickly with sections organized by clinical rationale, anatomy, examination technique, findings, and interpretation.
• Get a thorough review of ultrasound vascular diagnosis, including peripheral veins and arteries, carotid and vertebral arteries, abdominal vessels, and transcranial Doppler.
• Quickly reference numerous tables for examination protocols, normal values, diagnostic parameters, andultrasound findings for selected conditions.
• Visualize important techniques with hundreds of lavish line drawings and clinical ultrasound examples.
• Stay current with trending topics through new chapters on evaluation of organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and accreditation and the vascular lab.
• Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity through new color ultrasound images.
• Watch vascular ultrasound videos and access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Benefit from the fresh perspective and insight of a new co-editor, Dr. Joseph Polak.
• Improve your understanding of the correlation of imaging results with treatment goals in venous and arterial disease.
Learn the principles of vascular ultrasonography from the most trusted reference in the field.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 10.50(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Department of Radiology, New York, United States.
Table of Contents
- Hemodynamic considerations in peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular disease
- Physics and instrumentation in Doppler and B-mode ultrasonography
- Basic concepts of doppler frequency spectrum analysis and ultrasound blood flow imaging
- Vascular applications of ultrasound contrast agents
- The role of ultrasound in the management of cerebrovascular disease
- Normal cerbrovascular anatomy and collateral pathways
- Normal findings and technical aspects of carotid sonography
- Ultrasound assessment of carotid plaque
- Ultrasound assessment of carotid stenosis
- Carotid occlusion, unusual carotid pathology and tricky carotid cases
- Ultrasound assessment of the vertebral arteries
- Ultrasound assessment of the intracranial arteries
- Arterial anatomy of the extremities
- Nonimaging physiologic tests for assessment of lower extremity arterial disease
- Assessment of upper extremity arterial occlusive arterial disease
- Ultrasound evaluation before and after hemodialysis access
- Ultrasound assessment of lower extremity arteries
- Ultrasound assessment during and after carotid peripheral intervention
- Ultrasound in the assessment and management of arterial emergencies
- Risk factors and the role of ultrasound in the management of extremity venous disease
- Extremity venous anatomy and technique for ultrasound examination
- Ultrasound diagnosis of lower extremity venous thrombosis
- Controversies in venous ultrasound
- Ultrasound diagnosis of venous insufficiency
- Nonvascular pathology encountered during venous sonography
- Anatomy and normal doppler signatures of abdominal vessels
- Ultrasound assessment of the abdominal aorta
- Ultrasound imaging assessment following endovascular aortic aneurysm repair
- Ultrasound assessment of the splanchnic (mesenteric) arteries
- Ultrasound assessment of the hepatic vasculature
- Ultrasound assessment of native renal vessels
- Duplex ultrasound evaluation of the uterus and ovaries
- Duplex ultrasound evaluation of the male genitalia
- Evaluation of Organ Transplants
- Screening for Vascular Disease
- Correlative imaging
- Accreditation and the vascular lab
SECTION 1: BASICS
SECTION 2: CEREBRAL VESSELS
SECTION 3: EXTREMITY ARTERIES
SECTION 4: EXTREMITY VEINS
SECTION 5: ABDOMEN AND PELVIS