Turn your idea into a reality.
Become your own boss.
Make your first million.
Achieve financial freedom.
Lori Greiner shows you how.
Invent It, Sell It, Bank It! is a hands-on, nuts-and-bolts guide to getting a new product or company off the ground and making it profitable. Sharing her own secret formula and personal stories along the way, Lori provides vital information and advice on topics that can often intimidate, frustrate, and stump aspiring entrepreneurs.
Offering behind-the-scenes insights into her experiences on ABC’s Shark Tank and QVC-TV’s Clever & Unique Creations by Lori Greiner, as well as valuable lessons learned from the mistakes and triumphs of her early career, Lori proves that, with hard work and the right idea, anyone can turn themselves into the next overnight success.
Lori covers such topic as . . .
• Market research: Is your idea a hero or a zero? Don’t be so fixated on the end result that you forget to make something that people actually want to buy.
• Product design: I have an idea, now what’s next? From concept to prototype to final product: How do I make it and where do I start?
• Funding: Although loans, investments, and crowd-sourcing are great ways to access cash, first tap into your own resources as wisely as possible.
• Manufacturing: Seeing your final product roll off the assembly line is a magical moment, but there are things to watch out for so you get there in a cost-effective way.
• Protecting your idea: To patent or not to patent, and other things you can do to safeguard your idea.
• The secrets to selling successfully: You got the product made, now learn how to get people to buy it!
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 8.30(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Read an Excerpt
Excerpted from "Invent It, Sell It, Bank It!"
Copyright © 2014 Lori Greiner.
Excerpted by permission of Random House Publishing Group.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Table of Contents
1 Are You Ready? 3
2 Is Your Idea A Hero or A Zero? 23
3 You've got a Great Idea, Now What? 38
4 Research Your Market 54
5 How to Get Funding 83
6 The Truth about Patents 115
7 Pitch Perfect 135
8 The Dream Becomes Tangible-Manufacturing and Packaging 159
9 Driving the Business 179
10 Beyond Brick and Mortar 196
11 Marketing That Really Works 228
12 Keep the Dream Going-Expand and Diversify 243