For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Investment Pricing Methods: A Guide for Accounting and Financial Professionals / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
Practical, expert coverage of investment pricing methods for financial professionals
This book on investment pricing methods offers accounting and financial practitioners and academics a solid understanding of the techniques and methods investment analysts use to price common financial investment instruments, such as commercial mortgages, private placement-bonds, mortgage-backed securities, private and public equities, derivatives, and joint ventures. Clarification of important terminology and an overview of fundamental concepts are provided for less experienced professionals, while in-depth and up-to-date discussion of technical matters offers experienced professionals expert dissection of more complex material. This authoritative and reliable guide features:
- PowerPoint(TM) presentation for teaching purposes available online at www.wiley.com/go/investmentpricing
- In-depth and up-to-date pricing models
- Verbal and formula explanations for all mathematical equations
- Tips on reviewing investment prices for accuracy or flaws
- Investment type characteristics such as contractual provisions, cash flows, and risks for applying Statement 133 hedge effectiveness guidelines
- Basic building blocks of investment pricing methodologies including present value methodologies used for pricing and evaluating common investment types
- Coverage of complex issues including term structure of interest rates, determinants of bond yields and stock risk premiums, estimation of free cash flows for valuing a business entity, and more
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1 Pricing Concepts and the Term Structure of Interest Rates.
Present Value Formula.
Duration and Other Fixed-Income Pricing Concepts.
Appendix A: Calculation of U.S. Treasury Bond Yield Curve.
Appendix B: Eurodollar Futures Yields.
2 Fixed-Income Pricing Matrix and Decomposing Yields.
Determining the Discount Rate.
Credit Rating Categories and Determination.
Processes for Decomposing Bond Yields.
Normalized-Yield Pricing Matrix.
3 Public Corporate Bonds, Private-Placement Bonds, and Whole Commercial Mortgages.
Publicly Issued Corporate Bonds.
Public Corporate Bond Pricing.
Valuing a Private-Placement Bond.
Pricing Bonds that Have Sinking-Fund Payment Requirements.
Pricing Defaulted Bonds.
Whole Commercial Mortgage Loans.
Valuing a Whole Commercial Mortgage Loan.
Monetary Default Scenarios.
Appendix C: Bloomberg-Yield to Call Data.
Appendix D: Selected Portions of BondCalc (r) Brochures.
4 Mortgage-Backed and Asset-Backed Securities.
Evolution of the Mortgage-Backed Securities Market.
Collateralized Mortgage Obligations.
Bloomberg Median Prepayments.
Private-Placement Asset-Backed Securities.
5 Privately Held Equity.
Pricing Equity Issues.
Common Equity Pricing Models Used by Investment Analysts.
Price-Multiple Equity Pricing Models.
Discounted Cash Flow Approach Equity Pricing Model.
Basic Framework of Private-Equity Investing.
Accountant's Review of Private-Equity Valuations.
6 Public Equity Pricing.
"Fox Rocks" Valuation Illustration.
Discounted Cash Flow Model.
Appendix E: "Fox Rocks" Valuation Illustration.
Forward Rate Agreements.
Appendix F: Using Pricing Concepts of Fixed-Income Investments and Derivatives to Illustrate How to Hedge the Base Rate of Interest.
Appendix G: Fixed Income Option Strategies.
Surfside Condominium Partnership.