- Want it by Thursday, September 27? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
iOS in Practice is a hands-on guide with 98 specific techniques to help solve the specific problems you'll encounter over and over as you work on your iPhone and iPad apps. You'll dig into the practical nuts and bolts of applying views, view controllers, table views and cells, audio, images, graphics, file structure—and more. Examples written for iOS 6.
About this Book
When you are building an iOS app, you want more than basic concepts—you want real answers to practical problems. You want iOS in Practice. This book distills the hard-won experience of iOS developer Bear Cahill into 98 specific iOS techniques on key topics including managing data, using media, location awareness, and many more. And the sample apps are wonderful! As you pull them apart, you'll see two things: experienced app development and creative design savvy in action.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- WhereIsMyCar drives you through maps, CoreLocation, and camera access.
- PlayMyLists tunes in on settings, audio, and shake detection.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors explores networking, voice, in-app
- purchase, push notification, and invitations.
- Examples written for iOS 6 using Xcode 4.5.
Written for readers who know the basics of Objective-C and are interested in practical app development.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with iOS development
- Creating an iOS application
- Using view controllers and images in PicDecor
- Accessing the address book/contacts in Dial4
- MapKit and the camera in WhereIsMyCar
- Settings, audio, and shake detection in TimeDown
- CoreData, iPod access, and playing music—PlayMyLists
- Push notification and in-app purchase—Rock, Paper, Scissors
- GameCenter leaderboards and achievements—Rock, Paper, Scissors
- iTunes API, iPad, and iAd—MusicSearch
- Collection view, social, reminders, and state restoration—MeetSocial
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 PUTTING iOS INTO PRACTICE
|Publisher:||Manning Publications Company|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Bear Cahill is an independent iOS developer whose clients include both large and small companies. He has created or contributed to numerous popular apps and is a frequent speaker and presenter. He writes a blog at brainwashinc.com.