- Dóchas/King of Laois/Paddy's Jig/O'Keefes: Chattering Magpie
- North America
- Lilly Bolero/the White Cockade
- Little Love Affairs
- Red is the Rose
- The Mason's Apron
- The Stone
- Theme From Tristan and Isolde/Suisin Ban/Good Morning Nightcap/the Galw
- Raglan Road
- Behind Blue Eyes
- O Murchú's Hornpipe/Sliabh Geal Gcua Na Félie/the Wandering Minstrel
- Rachamid a Bhean Bheag: Ford Econoline/Any Old Iron
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, December 21 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
While there's nothing quite like seeing the Chieftains live in concert, An Irish Evening marks the next best thing. Recorded live over two evenings at the Grand Opera House in Belfast, the disc captures the group's eclectic, fun, and loving approach to traditional Irish music. American country-folk singer/songwriter Nanci Griffith (a huge star in Ireland in her own right) provides sweet vocals on "Little Love Affairs," "Red Is the Rose," and "Ford Econoline." The Who's Roger Daltrey sounds a tad awkward on the traditional "Raglan Road" and the music hall-ish "Any Old Iron," but delivers a fascinating trad-style acoustic rendition of his group's "Behind Blue Eyes." An Irish Evening will appeal to die-hard fans and, with the co-billing of Daltrey and Griffith, will likely attract a whole new audience as well.
|Label:||Sbme Special Mkts.|