Island Lake Lodge is a luxurious haven located on seven thousand acres of pristine wilderness in Fernie, British Columbia's Cedar Valley. Surrounded by old-growth forest with a backdrop of the jagged peaks of the Rocky Mountains, the lodge is a leader in eco-tourism and focuses on sustainability. Featuring a renowned cat skiing operation, a spa and a restaurant, this secluded lodge embraces the land while offering the finer things in life and producing innovative, delicious meals. The culinary philosophy of the chefs at Island Lake Lodge is creating hearty and distinctive dishes using fresh, regional, local and organic ingredients. With their playful, irreverent approach to gourmet dishes, the chefs create a daily menu as epic as the lodge's surroundings.
Finally, you can recreate these delectable dishes from the Cedar Valley in your own kitchen:
• Phyllo-Wrapped Herbed Goat Cheese with Grape Tomato Salsa
• Marsala Wine-Braised Lamb with Caramelized Apricots and Parsnip Batons, Gold Beets, Mushroom Medley and Roasted Red Pepper Risotto
• Roasted Shallot and Bacon
• Carpaccio of Bison with Roasted Portobello Slice and a Rosemary Fig Compote
• B.C. Black Cod with Arugula Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomato Barley, Corn Mash, Green Beans and Beet Essence
• Apple Cider Poached Pear with Ganache Filling
• Cedar Valley Pecan Pie
Bring the decadence and delicacies of the mountain resort into your own kitchen.
|Publisher:||Whitecap Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author