- Pub. Date:
36.95 In Stock
The more than 40 lessons and games in It Makes Sense! Using Number Paths and Number Lines to Build Number Sense promote the flexible use of number paths and number lines to solve problems and scaffold or document students’ thinking. In this powerful resource you’ll find:
- Strategies for differentiating instruction;
- Key Questions to invite student thinking;
- A Child’s Mind insights sharing common student misconceptions;
- Math Matters! tips highlighting important math concepts; and
- Research summaries, learning scenarios, and teacher reflections.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|
About the Author
Ann Carlyle teaches Math Methods courses for UCSB’s Graduate School of Education. She also is a supervisor of teaching candidates and an academic coordinator. Ann was an elementary teacher in Goleta for more than thirty-seven years. She is a California recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching and recipient of the George Polya Memorial Award from the California Mathematics Council. Ann has previously served on the National Council Teachers of Mathematics Board of Directors. Ann is also a Math Solutions consultant.