Discover the latest techniques in IV starts, intravenous cannulation, and venipuncture sticks!
Are you an RN, EMT, medical student, or other medical professional looking to make IV injections easier and more efficient? Do you work with difficult patients who are scared of IV injections and make getting them A LOT more difficult? Are you having trouble with hard-to-find veins, finding the right equipment, or avoiding-and resolving-IV mistakes that could be fatal?
In this book you'll learn the best strategies for performing IV starts safely. You'll discover exactly what gauges to use and when to use them, exactly which vein to pick, and how to properly perform an IV insertion. You'll also be shown what techniques NOT to follow, plus different techniques for different body styles (like the very un-fun task of performing IV's on obese patients)
In This book you'll also discover:
- How to prepare your IV tubing
- What size gauge to use depending on your patient
- When to use small catheters and when to use big ones
- What to do when your IV gets no blood return
- How to avoid causing scar tissue in your patient
- How to lower your patients' risk of infections-and how to spot infections before they develop
- How to place an IV when your patient has phlebitis
- How to avoid electrolyte imbalances in your patient
- Alternatives to IV's for patients who just don't respond well to them
- How to perform intravenous cannulation
- How to perform a venipuncture stick and how it's different than just placing an IV
- Strategies for keeping babies and infants calm during an injection
- Deep insights into vein anatomy
- And much, much more...
Curious to learn more?
Download your copy of "IV Starts: Up-to-date Guide on Quickly Mastering IV Starts for Nurses and Paramedics" and learn the exact strategies and techniques to perform IV starts faster and more effectively.
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.13(d)|