This handy guide provides an overview of Java Enterprise Edition 6’s main technologies and includes extensive, easy-to-understand code samples that demonstrate the platform’s many improvements. You’ll quickly understand how Java EE 6 simplifies the process of developing and deploying web and enterprise applications.
- Explore what’s new in Java EE 6, including Contexts and Dependency Injection and the Java API for RESTful Web Services
- Discover how Java EE 6 features relate to design patterns in web and enterprise applications
- Get the specifications for making your application Java EE compliant
- Learn about revisions to Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Faces, and other components
- Find out how Java EE 6 profiles change the platform’s “one size fits all” approach
- Get started with Java EE 6 development and deployment, using NetBeans IDE and GlassFish
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 4.20(h) x 0.20(d)|
About the Author
Arun Gupta is a Java evangelist working at Oracle. Arun has over 15 years of experience in the software industry working in the Java™ platform and several web-related technologies. In his current role, he works to create and foster the community around Java EE and GlassFish. He has been with the Java EE team since its inception and contributed to all releases. Arun has extensive world wide speaking experience on myriad of topics and loves to engage with the community, customers, partners, and Java User Groups everywhere to spread the goodness of Java.
He is a prolific blogger at http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta with over 1300 blog entries and frequent visitors from all around the world with a cumulative page visits > 1.2 million. He is a passionate runner and always up for running in any part of the world. You can catch him at @arungupta.