Learn how to build high-performing enterprise applications using Java EE powered by Angular at the frontend
- Leverage Java EE 8 features to build robust backend for your enterprise applications
- Use Angular to build a single page frontend and combine it with the Java EE backend
- A practical guide filled with ample real-world examples
The demand for modern and high performing web enterprise applications is growing rapidly. No more is a basic HTML frontend enough to meet customer demands. This book will be your one-stop guide to build outstanding enterprise web applications with Java EE and Angular. It will teach you how to harness the power of Java EE to build sturdy backends while applying Angular on the frontend. Your journey to building modern web enterprise applications starts here!
The book starts with a brief introduction to the fundamentals of Java EE and all the new APIs offered in the latest release. Armed with the knowledge of Java EE 8, you will go over what it's like to build an end-to-end application, configure database connection for JPA, and build scalable microservices using RESTful APIs running in Docker containers. Taking advantage of the Payara Micro capabilities, you will build an Issue Management System, which will have various features exposed as services using the Java EE backend. With a detailed coverage of Angular fundamentals, the book will expand the Issue Management System by building a modern single page application frontend. Moving forward, you will learn to fit both the pieces together, that is, the frontend Angular application with the backend Java EE microservices. As each unit in a microservice promotes high cohesion, you will learn different ways in which independent units can be tested efficiently.
Finishing off with concepts on securing your enterprise applications, this book is a handson guide for building modern web applications.
What you will learn
- Write CDI-based code in Java EE 8 applications
- Build an understanding of microservices and what they mean in a Java EE context
- Employ Docker to build and run microservice applications
- Use configuration optionsto work effectively with JSON documents
- Handle asynchronous task and write RESTAPI clients
- Set the foundation for working on Angular projects with the fundamentals of TypeScript
- Learn to use Angular CLI to add and manage new features
- Secure Angular applicationsusing malicious attacks adopting JSON Web tokens
Who this book is for
This book is for Java EE developers who would like to build modern enterprise web applications using Angular. No knowledge of Angular is required.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.72(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- What's in Java EE 8?
- The CDI Advantage Combined with JPA
- Understanding Microservices
- Building and Deploying Microservices
- Java EE Becomes JSON Friendly
- Power Your APIs with JAXRS and CDI
- Putting It All Together with Payara
- Basic TypeScript
- Angular in a Nutshell
- Angular Forms
- Building a Real-World Application
- Connecting Angular to Java EE Microservices
- Testing Java EE Services
- Securing the Application