Hiking the Jesus Trail is a once in a lifetime experience for every Christian. The Jesus Trail passes through Nazareth, Cana, the Mount of Beatitudes, the Sea of Galilee and Capernaum. You can be baptized in the Jordan River, climb Mount Tabor and ascend Mount Precipice. The journey ends in Jerusalem. You will visit the Church of the Visitation, the Room of the Last Supper, Gethsemane, the Tomb of Mary, the Via Dolorosa and the Holy Sepulchre. Bethlehem is only ten kilometers from the trail.Pilgrims frequently describe their hike in the Holy Land as a life-altering experience. Some find it difficult to express the bliss they feel during this spiritual journey. After their hike of the trail, a group of pilgrims from Italy wrote: "When we completed the hike of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela (Way of St. James) we were excited. But it was nothing compared to what we felt when we ended our hike of the Land of Jesus at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. We were elated, crying with joy and blessing the Lord for our journey".The Jesus Trail guide contains all the information you need to independently walk the Trail connecting New Testament sites in the Galilee and Jerusalem.
- The guide includes high resolution maps of the region 1:45,000 in English.
- Maps of Jerusalem 1:15,000.
- Road maps 1:250,000.
- Hike description with elevation charts of 14 days in the Galilee Holy Basin and Jerusalem.
- Historical information about dozens of relevant Biblical sites.
- Practical information about travel, accommodations, gear, short dictionary, and more.
- Link to a website with free GPS tracks covered in the guide and updated trail conditions.
|Product dimensions:||5.30(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.30(d)|
About the Author
Jacob Saar (Ph.D.) has lived in Israel since 1957. He is a devoted hiker and has spent the last 40 years hiking the country. He has vast knowledge of the history of Israel. Jacob is the author of the Israel National Trail guide in both English and Hebrew. In addition to hiking the INT several times, he has hiked the Jesus Trail and every long trail in Israel.