Murray S. Fradin, B.A., M.A., an historian and Middle East Specialist, has drawn upon his research to bring out a new edition of Jihad: The Mahdi Rebllion in the Sudan.
In it he hopes to show uncanny parallels between this century-old war and the events occurring today in the Middle East-including the rise of radical Islamic movements and the Iraqi crisis.
It is Mr. Fradin's thesis that long-standing differences in the Middle East can eventually be replaced by more powerful democratic forces at the birth of the 21st century.
Are these the questions you want answers to?
- Why is the Arab world turning against Europe and the United States?
- How are the forces of religion, politics, and culture being twisted to suit the aspirations of would-be tyrants and dictators?
- Why do "messianic" leaders preaching jihad or "holy war" hold center stage today?
- Is America ahead or behind the curve in Middle East politics?
- Is the Iraqi conflict only about oil?
If you would like answers to all or any of these questions, then you must read
JIHAD: The Mahdi Rebellion in the Sudan.
For more information, please visit www.jihad-themahdirebellioninthesudan.com.