We all long for a full, rich, satisfying life.
But how do we fill up the empty places in our souls?
How can we quench our thirst for something deeper, more lasting, more meaningful?
In this study guide on John, Douglas Connelly urges you to take a fresh look at Jesus. Here is the opportunity to establishor renewyour faith in the One who offers true meaning, true belonging and true life.
This revised LifeGuide Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
About the Author
Douglas Connelly (MDiv and MTh, Grace Theological Seminary) is senior pastor at Davison Missionary Church near Flint, Michigan, after serving twelve years as senior pastor at Parkside Community Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan. A writer and speaker, he has written seventeen LifeGuide Bible Studies as well as several books, including The Bible for Blockheads and Angels Around Us. He and his wife Karen have three adult children and six grandchildren.
Table of Contents
Getting the Most Out of JohnPart 1: Jesus, the Living Word of God
1. Encountering the Word John I
2. Signs of God John 2
3. Starting Over John 3
4. Connecting With People John 4
5. Deity on Trial John 5
6. Jesus, the Bread of Life John 6
7. Confused Over Christ John 7:1-52
8. Caught in Adultery John 7:538:11
9. Shine, Jesus, Shine John 8:12-59
10. A Blind Man Sees the Light John 9
11. Listening for the Shepherd's Voice John 10
12. Back From the Dead! John 11
13. The King's Last Acts John 12Part 2: Jesus, the Living Way to God
14. The Son as a Slave John 13:1-17
15. A Traitor? Not Me! John 13:18-38
16. Comfort for a Troubled Heart John 14
17. The Secret of the Vine John 15:1-11
18. The Cost of Friendship John 15:1216:4
19. Secrets of the Spirit John 16:5-15
20. Peace in a Time of Trouble John 16:16-33
21. Jesus Prays for Us John 17
22. Trial Trust John 18:1-27
23. Character Test Character Test
24. Obedient to Death John 19:17-42
25. The Son is Up! John 20
26. A Walk With a Resurrected Man John 21