In 1854, land that was covered in trees, tall grass, spring-fed creeks, and rivers and was home to abundant wildlife, including deer, buffalo, and turkey, became Johnson County. In the early years, a trickling of brave pioneers developed cattle trails and iron rails, and as the area continued to grow and change, many farms and ranches were replaced with industrial and retail enterprises. In 2013, the Chisholm Trail Parkway, which efficiently connects the western part of the county to the metroplex and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, was nearing completion.
|Publisher:||Arcadia Publishing SC|
|Product dimensions:||6.69(w) x 9.61(h) x 0.38(d)|
About the Author
Author Mollie Gallop Bradbury Mims continues her quest to preserve local history. She coordinated the volunteer effort to produce Johnson County History in 1985 and wrote Arcadia Publishing's Images of America: Cleburne in 2009. Mollie enjoys historical research and has been a freelance writer and photographer for over three decades. The majority of these images are from the Layland Museum collections. Other images are courtesy of the caring individuals who wanted to share their past.