|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.48(d)|
About the Author
2. We live in 7 different states: Colorado, Washington, Kentucky, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, and California.
3. We all enjoy writing and several of us have more than one published book.
4. We are all mothers. Some of us are grandmothers. And at least one of us is a great-grandmother.
5. Many of us engage in other types of artistic endeavors as well, such as music, photography, painting/drawing, sewing/crafts, and poetry. Some of those expressions might occasionally creep into our blog (see below).
5. Several of us are business owners.
6. All of us are Christian believers, though our Christian beliefs have followed several different streams of the faith. We all have experienced grace in the midst of the grit of life.
7. Readers can learn more about our ongoing journeys— and join the journey— at our blog: www.journeystomotherlove.com
Table of Contents
1 Feeling Inadequate: Run, Run as Fast as You Can A.R. Cecil 15
2 Devastated by Violence and Separation: She Did Her Best Treva Brown 32
3 Always "Second Fiddle": Take Care of Your Mother Verna Hill Simms 58
4 Adjusting to Changes in Mom: Finding the Blessings in Alzheimer's Kerry Luksic 76
5 After Abortion and Cancer: Beauty from Barrenness Kyleen Stevenson-Braxton 100
6 Unmet Emotional Needs: When I Feel Forsaken Catherine Lawton 123
7 Stepmother Blues: Finishing Well Ellen Cardwell 151
8 Distanced by Mental Illness: Walking My Mother Home Ardis A. Nelson 170
9 Angry and Frustrated with Mom: White Knuckles Loritta Slayton 194