Joy Bauer, the long-time on-air diet and nutrition expert for the "Today" show, regularly tells the personal stories of people who have lost 100 pounds or more using her weight-loss plan. Joy's diet plan not only works, it really works. Now, you can take the Joy Fit challenge and use these delicious, bountiful recipes and meal plans at home to start losing weight today. The Joy Fit Club is the one tool you'll need to succeed! Featuring more than 75 recipes, detailed meal plans, and motivational before-and-after photographs of real people, anyone who loves the Joy Fit Club and these inspiring stories of personal triumph will love this book.
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents8 Acknowledgments
14 Joy's Winning Weight Loss Rules
24 Joy Fit Superstars
212 Joy's 3-Week Meal Plan
236 Bonus Recipes from Joy's Kitchen
Blue Cheese-Bison Burgers with Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
BY April Hudson Keatley
MAKES 6 burgers
SERVING SIZE 1 burger with toppings
1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 pounds ground bison
6 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
1. Preheat the outdoor grill or heat a large skillet or indoor grill pan liberally coated with oil spray over medium-high heat.
2. For the burgers, in a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. In a large bowl break up the ground bison. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the bison and mix well, using your hands to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed throughout the meat. Form the meat mixture into 6 patties.
4. Grill the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach the desired doneness. Top each burger with 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles 1 to 2 minutes before removing it from the grill.
5. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the sautéed mushrooms and onions. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion, and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Top the blue cheese burgers with the sautéed mushrooms and onions and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 288, Protein: 33 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 365 mg, Carbohydrate: 4 g, Fiber: 1 g
Spinach Salad with Chicken, Pecans, and Grapes
BY April Hudson Keatley
MAKES 4 servings
3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 to 10 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups red grapes, sliced (may substitute other fruits, such as sliced strawberries or mandarin oranges)
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced into thin strips
1. For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegars and olive oil.
2. For the salad, in a large bowl toss together the spinach leaves, grapes, blue cheese, and pecans. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each plate with 1 sliced chicken breast. Drizzle the salad dressing on the salads.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 511, Protein: 46 g, Total Fat: 26 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 335 mg, Carbohydrate: 24 g, Fiber: 5 g