This complete field guide, authorized by Juniper Networks, is the perfect hands-on reference for deploying, configuring, and operating Juniper’s SRX Series networking device. Authors Brad Woodberg and Rob Cameron provide field-tested best practices for getting the most out of SRX deployments, based on their extensive field experience.
While their earlier book, Junos Security, covered the SRX platform, this book focuses on the SRX Series devices themselves. You'll learn how to use SRX gateways to address an array of network requirements—including IP routing, intrusion detection, attack mitigation, unified threat management, and WAN acceleration. Along with case studies and troubleshooting tips, each chapter provides study questions and lots of useful illustrations.
- Explore SRX components, platforms, and various deployment scenarios
- Learn best practices for configuring SRX’s core networking features
- Leverage SRX system services to attain the best operational state
- Deploy SRX in transparent mode to act as a Layer 2 bridge
- Configure, troubleshoot, and deploy SRX in a highly available manner
- Design and configure an effective security policy in your network
- Implement and configure network address translation (NAT) types
- Provide security against deep threats with AppSecure, intrusion protection services, and unified threat management tools
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.10(w) x 9.20(h) x 2.20(d)|
About the Author
Brad Woodberg, JNCIE-M, JNCIE-SEC, et al, is a product line manager for SRX at Juniper Networks. He is co-author of Junos Security (O’Reilly), Juniper Networks NetScreen(Syngress), and Juniper Networks SSL VPN (Syngress).
Rob Cameron, principal engineer at a Silicon Valley startup, worked for eight years at Juniper Networks. He’s the co-author of Junos Security (O’Reilly) and Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen & SSG Firewalls (Syngress).
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Welcome to the SRX
Chapter 2: SRX Series Product Lines
Chapter 3: SRX GUI Management
Chapter 4: SRX Networking Basics
Chapter 5: System Services
Chapter 6: Transparent Mode
Chapter 7: High Availability
Chapter 8: Security Policies
Chapter 9: Network Address Translation
Chapter 10: IPsec VPN
Chapter 11: Screens and Flow Options
Chapter 12: AppSecure Basics
Chapter 13: Intrusion Prevention
Chapter 14: Unified Threat Management