Twenty fabulous masterworks comprised of colors, patterns, and textures that capture the essence of brilliant sunlight are yours to enjoy in stunning photographs and in future creations. Master colorist and quilter Kaffe Fassett escorts you through a showing of each gorgeous new piece accompanied by photos of the quilts taken on the sun-drenched shores of Portugal, the inspiration for the fantastic designs. Detailed instructions, diagrams and templates accompany each work ensuring that your "quilt in the sun" will be in hand before long.
- Twenty new creations from the master himself and acclaimed designers such as Liza Prior Lucy, Mary Mashuta and Amy Butler
- Exuberant colors and patterns inspired by and photographed amidst the beautiful sea and land, artifacts and architecture of Portugal
- Detailed step-by-step instructions, full-color piecing diagrams and templates plus a flat shot for each dazzling design
- Varied palettes for selected designs vividly demonstrate the impact of color and encourage you to explore your own unique color combinations
- A special section of tips and techniques give knowledge and confidence to quilters of all skill levels
- An extraordinary gift to delight the quilters on your list
|Publisher:||Taunton Press, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||8.69(w) x 10.98(h) x 0.54(d)|
About the Author
San Francisco-born artist Kaffe Fassett is a name every quilter knows. His work has been commissioned by the British monarchy, American fashion designers, and the Royal Shakespeare Company. More than a decade ago, Fassett partnered with Rowan to create the Kaffe Fassett Collections, which debuts new fabrics each fall. He has written numerous quilt best-sellers including Heritage Quilts , Kaffe Quilts Again , Kaffe Fassett: Dreaming in Color, an autobiography , and Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance.