With meticulous updates throughout, Kidney Transplantation remains your definitive medical resource for state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of renal transplantation. A multidisciplinary approach from internationally renowned nephrologists from around the world offers practice-applicable guidance for all members of the transplant team. With coverage encompassing applied science, surgical techniques, immunosuppressive methods, outcomes, risks, and medical considerations related to kidney transplantation, both in adults and children, you’ll have the balanced information you need to achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Visualize key concepts and discern nuances of renal transplantation techniques through more than 335 superb illustrations.
• Access the fully searchable text online anywhere, anytime with Expert Consult online access.
• Apply the latest knowledge and techniques with state-of-the-art coverage of all areas of kidney transplantation such as preservation of kidneys; mechanisms of rejection and the induction of tolerance; techniques of laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy; and immunosuppression.
• Stay current with new chapters on Belatacept; kidney paired donation programs for living donors; and evidence in transplantation, plus comprehensive updates throughout.
• Hone your knowledge and clinical skills with new video clips at Expert Consult that demonstrate the formation of an immune synapse, 3-D rotational images of immune synapses, an NK cell killing its target, peritoneal dialysis-catheter insertion techniques, brain death examination, and more.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||13.70(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
Kidney Transplantation: A History
Immunology of Graft Rejection
Chronic Kidney Failure: Renal Replacement Therapy
The Recipient of a Kidney Transplant
Access for Renal Replacement Therapy
Brain Death and Cardiac Death: Donor Criteria and Care of Deceased Donor
Medical Evaluation of a Potential Living Donor
Histocompatibility in Kidney Transplantation
Surgical Techniques of Kidney Transplantation
Transplantation and the Abnormal Bladder
Perioperative Care of Patients Undergoing Kidney Transplantation
Early Course of the Patient with a Kidney Transplantation
mTor Inhibitors: Sirolimus and Everolimus
Antilymphocyte Globulin, Monoclonal Antibodies and Fusion Proteins
Other Forms of Immunosuppression
Approaches to the Induction of Tolerance
Transplantation in the Sensitized Recipient and across ABO Blood Groups
Kidney Paired Donation Programs for Living Donors
Pathology of Kidney Transplantation
Chronic Allograft Failure
Vascular and Lymphatic Complications after Kidney Transplantation
Urological Complications after Kidney Transplantation
Cardiovascular Complications after Kidney Transplantation
Infection in Kidney Transplant Recipients
Liver Disease among Kidney Transplant Recipients
Neurological Complications after Kidney Transplantation
Nonmalignant and Malignant Skin Lesions in Kidney Transplant Patients
Cancer in Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Patients
Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation for Diabetic Nephropathy
Kidney Transplantation in Children
Kidney Transplantation in Developing Countries
Results of Kidney Transplantation
Psychological Aspects of Kidney Transplantation and Organ Donation
Ethical and Legal Aspects of Kidney Donation
Evidence in Transplantation