KidShape is one of the few successful programs in America that deal with childhood obesity, a condition that has become a national epidemic. KidShape is a family-based plan that focuses on nutrition education, physical activity, and mental health counseling.
Out of this experience, Dr. Naomi Neufeld, a mother of two, and her staff have created healthy meals for parents who want results, not theories. The book's tried-and-true recipes, food tips, and menus make it a fun, one-of-a-kind resource for healthy living. It includes:
- More than 150 kid-tested healthy recipes
- Daily menus at four different calorie levels: 1200, 1500, 1800, and 2200
- Three weeks' worth of menus, complete with weekly shopping lists
- An easy way to regulate the salt, cholesterol, fat, and sugar in a family's diet
- How to introduce new foods and recipes to children and their families with a minimum of hassle
- Healthy alternatives to foods that are not good for children
- How to involve children in making healthy eating decisions for themselves
All recipes in this book meet the dietary guidelines of the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society. It is a reliable resource for healthy eating.
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||7.34(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.76(d)|
About the Author
David Lawrence is a personal chef who honed his culinary skills as a caterer. He has just completed his first cookbook.