Filled with logical, easy-to-use tools, step-by-step skill-building exercises, real-life stories, and amusing anecdotes (along with John Bush's clever illustrations), this practical and entertaining book helps you improve your communications skills, identify prospects (real ones), and maximize the productivity of your prospecting time. You'll also get the most valuable collection of how-to cold-calling tips you've ever seen, and follow-up techniques guaranteed to win more sales!
About the Author
WILLIAM "SKIP" MILLER is president of M3 Learning, a leading sales development firm whose clients include Apple, Google, Cisco, Oracle, Teva, Tableau, UGG, and other top companies. He is the author of ProActive Selling, and ProActive Sales Management.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Art of Prospecting ix
Part One: The Fundamentals of Knock Your Socks Off Prospecting 1
1. Gee, Ma, Do I Have To? 3
2. Make Money Easier 7
3. It’s All About Them 11
4. Turn Strangers into Customers 15
5. The Ol’ Numbers Game 21
6. A Winning Formula 27
7. Time Management I: The ProActive Sales Matrix 33
8. Time Management II: The PowerHour 41
9. Speak the Customer’s Language 45
10. Sell to Their Values, Not Yours 53
11. Don’t Sell Stuff, Sell Solutions 59
12. You Sell Change 65
13. Execution: The True Art of the Sale 69
Part Two: The How-To’s of Cold Calling 73
14. Your Thirty-Second Speech 75
15. Thirty-Second Variations: The Opening 83
16. Thirty-Second Variations: WIIFM? 87
17. Summary and Flip 91
18. Leaving a Message 95
19. The Buying Process 99
20. Who’s Driving? 103
21. Transfer of Ownership 109
22. It’s About Time 115
23. Summarize, Bridge, Pull 121
24. Handling NO!: Which No Is That? 129
Part Three: Following Up 135
25. Call #2: Second Thirty-Second Speech 137
26. TripTik® 143
27. Two Paths: Value vs. Solution 149
28. Putting the CART Before the Horse 153
29. It’s All About You 157
What People are Saying About This
"KYSO Prospecting provides excellent practical tools that salespeople can easily adopt in their daily selling methodology. Most people provide too much theory.... This book provides practicality."
Haresh Patel, Senior Vice President, WW Sales, Agilent Technologies, Inc.
"We use the tools KYSO Prospecting has taught us, and the results have been way past our expectations."
John Kelley, President and CEO, McData Corp.
"Five stars for Knock Your Socks Off Prospecting. The tools are simple to understand and execute, and will help salespeople overachieve in this vital part of the selling cycle. This is mandatory reading for all inside and field salespeople."
Steve Richley, Sales Manager, Apple Computer, Inc.
"Since we started working with the tools in KYSO Prospecting six years ago, our revenues have grown over 500%. The material and message are as useful now as they were when we started working with them."
Nate Thompson, CEO, Spectra Logic, Inc.
"Knock Your Socks off Prospecting will be the sales bible for productive prospecting."
Mike Gluck, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales, Xiotech Corporation"