|Publisher:||State University of New York Press|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Seyyed Hossein Nasr is University Professor of Islamic Studies at George Washington University. He is the author of many books, including Islamic Art and Spirituality, Islamic Life and Thought, and Sufi Essays, and the editor of Expectation of the Millennium: Shi’ism in History and Shi’ism: Doctrines, Thought, and Spirituality, also published by SUNY Press.
Table of ContentsPREFACE
1. Knowledge and Its Desacralization
2. What Is Tradition?
3. The Rediscovery of the Sacred: The Revival of Tradition
4. Scientia Sacra
5. Man, Pontifical and Promethean
6. The Cosmos as Theophany
7. Eternity and the Temporal Order
8. Traditional Art as Fountain of Knowledge and Grace
9. Principial Knowledge and the Multiplicity of Sacred Forms
10. Knowledge of the Sacred as Deliverance